Thank you for 16 wonderful years of FOG cycling on the roads
north of Winnipeg, Waking up in Brandon at 5:30am on a Saturday
morning each month, driving east 245km along the TCH into a rising
sun, cycling for 97km through Birds Hill Park - all fine and good:
but the loss in alertness of my 72-year brain on the 3 hour drive
home has become problematic.
My FOG memories will include the Crash of 03Sep2006 (when several
of us visited the Selkirk Hospital ER), a chilly November ride
with Jurgen (about 2009), touching a rear wheel and falling at
full speed (ouch!), and that one silly flat (about 2014).
When I first joined the FOG in 2004, René and I were known for our
spontaneous sprints (they brought in rules to stop that sort of
foolishness). Now I’m happy to just keep up with the “C” Group,
and a Big Thank You to both Big Dave and Marcel for their
willingness and efforts to ease me back into the peleton whenever
I got dropped at ‘high’ speeds or ‘steep’ grades.
Hope to see you again at this year’s FOG AGM and breakfast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment