1) Follow Mike and Jane's excellent adventure here as the Payments
2) A message from Dave Ford down under:
Gary:
here's a message from a dislocated FOG member, just to let you know how far we can wander:
**************
"Tour DownUnder" is in Adelaide next month, and FOG member "SuperDave" Ford has registered for the 160.5 kilometre leg of the Mutual Community Challenge Tour (i.e. the "recreational ride") on Friday, 22 January 2010. Last year there were over 7,300 participants so the Start Line should be a monster traffic jam!
Amateurs get to start at 6:30am, several hours before the professional riders hit the road, and latest word is that Cadel Evans and Lance Armstrong will both be there. They're expecting the usual 18 pro teams this year, and Team RadioShack's participation was recently announced.
The first 38 kilometres of Stage 4 winds up through Gorge Road into the Adelaide Hills, and then the route goes roller-coaster-like southward through the hills to Goolwa on the coast. I did the short initial section on Monday morning and again today, and it took me just under 1-1/2 hours, so I'm ready. Understandably there have been an increasing number of riders spotted during my daily rides, so everybody's getting their own personal equipment tuned up.
This could be my one big chance to finish a stage in front of Lance Armstrong! (I'll let you know how I do).
Check out http://www.tourdownunder.com.au/teams/uci-protour-teams for more information. And a Merry Christmas from Down Under!
******************
The weather in Adelaide is gorgeous for cycling, 16C when I headed up into the Hills at 8:30am this morning, 22C for a high today. However, there's some heat coming and it's supposed to hit 35C by Wednesday.
Keep warm!
SuperDave from Brandon
1 comment:
Hey there is no pillaging from us, the only people pillaging us are the art galleries and museums! Yikes are they expensive! Oh and coffee is way expensive.
Post a Comment